Tuesday, July 1, 2008

En Garde

When I got home tonight I had a huge headache. I took a nap right after dinner to see if it would help. I woke up a short time later and saw my son, wearing his pirate hat and wielding his sword, approaching me. He proceeded to hack at me with the sword. I had no means of defense but my hands. Fortunately he didn't hurt me. What a thing to wake up to though. :)

A little later I was able to acquire a sword of my own, and the game was on. He is getting better with his sword. I actually have to block most of his shots now. I think tonight's sword fight was inspired by Return of the Jedi,as he watched Vader and Luke battle it out.

Whether from Pirates of the Caribbean or Return of the Jedi,this kid loves a good sword fight. I think we will have plenty of fun once he is old enough for a Force FX Lightsaber.


3 comments:

Vixen of Vixensden.com said...

Careful, with so much practice he may just take you out: jedi style.

Vix
http://vixensden.com

Elliott - 21st Century Dad said...

Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!!!

The fun doesn't stop. I still sword fight with my 14 year old stepson.

Sure, Hollywood is chasing $$$, but it's great to drop Star Wars references on the kids without getting a "huh?" look. :)

Hmmph. I'm having trouble with choosing an identity to "sign" this comment.

Find me at 21stCenturyDad.com

PINAY MOMMY said...

hello master jedi! i made something for you. it's a small token actually. hope you like it.

http://www.pinaymommyonline.com/2008/07/serious-droppers-beware.html

thanks!!

pinaymommy
Pinay Mommy Online
Blessings and Beyond
Mommy Earns Money Online