Friday, May 16, 2008

Quality Time

Some days when I get home, my son is really excited to see me. I wish I could say it is everyday, but, alas this is not the case. He has good days and bad days, and sometimes he is just too busy for me. Oh, the life of a two year old.

This last week or so I have been spending a lot more time with my son. He is usually found attached to his mommy's hip, by his choice, not hers. I try to take him off her hands, but he usually migrates back to her. I am noticing that daddy is getting more attention lately. I am not going to complain about that. :)

Last night my son decided to water the TV, probably because he had helped mommy plant a new salsa garden earlier in the day. As a result I unplugged the TV while I let it dry. I accidentally unplugged my receiver at the same time, and hadn't gotten around to plugging it back in yet, though the TV was working this morning.

Tonight, my son knew that when I was done plugging in the receiver he would get to watch a DVD, which couldn't play without the receiver being plugged in. He came up to me and climbed into my arms and clung to me like a monkey on a tree. I hugged him tight and held him as long as he would let me.

Later we were watching Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade as a family, and he climbed into my chair to play with his toy. I held him for a while, and then he stopped playing so he could snuggle in next to me in my recliner. He nestled into the crook of my arm and sat back and relaxed. I got to hold him like this for 15 minutes or so, which, in our case, is quite a lot of daddy time. I was very pleased to say the least. I love it when he spends time with me.


1 comment:

Nessa said...

Awwwwwwww, that's so sweet!!! y kids are all older and way past the snuggle stage, so i'm always happy to see my niece. She just lovvvvvves to snugle with her "Aunt Lessa". Gotta love munchkins.