Monday, May 5, 2008

The Terrible Twos...

The terrible twos are officially upon us. We thought they had come and gone a long time ago, but we have found the past was a preview of things to come. My wife and I can't wait for this phase to pass.

My son has taken to defying us every chance he gets. He will fight and scream and cry at the drop of a hat. It has been quite challenging for my wife to deal with, especially since she is having her own problems with her pregnancy hormones. ;) I am doing my best keeping the peace as the two of them exert themselves in their own ways.

Looking at my son you only see a very cute, innocent-looking little boy. There is no warning before he strikes. He can swing from cute and sweet to pretty darned bratty in an instant. Not that we love him any less for it... He just tries his best to exhaust us.

On the one hand, it is good to see him going through his life stages, but this is getting out of hand. Hopefully the end is near. To think that this is only a preview of his teenage years is quite sobering.


No comments: