Saturday, May 17, 2008

What a Day

Tonight I am pretty tired. We got a lot of things done for one day. Normally I like relaxing a bit on the weekends, but some weekends that is not possible. My son normally wakes us up by 6:55 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday mornings, reliably doing so this morning as well.

First stop was McDonald's for breakfast. My son is usually not too thrilled to be taken anywhere before he has breakfast, so taking him to breakfast is usually a chore. Today was no exception. Once we got to McDonald's he was ok with the situation though. He ate most of his meal, which is a rare thing these days. We went to Target to get some stuff, and then headed home because he decided to melt down.

By the time we got home, daddy and son needed naps, and mommy needed a pedicure. She took advantage of nap time, and went on her errand. Nap time would have gone better had my neighbor not been home. She seems to think that everyone LOVES their walls thumping and pictures shaking to the beat of her Janet Jackson album with the woofer on full blast. This woke up my son on two occasions, and I had to help lull him back to sleep.

My wife got home from her pedicure, and when the boy woke up we had lunch. It was off to the Ventura Harbor then. From the website, Ventura Harbor, or at least Oxnard, looked like a pretty busy place, kind of like Seaport Village in San Diego. It turned out not to be the case. I need to check out Oxnard to be sure, but the Ventura Harbor was not much to look at. It was nice and all, but the shopping and restaurant selection weren't all that great. We will go back for the boats, or a nice walk, but not much else.

Having spent only an hour of what was supposed to be a full afternoon, we had to think of something else to do. My wife had been talking about Santa Barbara for a while, so I thought we could go up there. Turned out it was Prom Night, so we headed back to Ventura. We had dinner at one of our favorite places, Casa de Soria.

All in all, we got quite a bit done. I think we had a pretty full day. My family seemed pretty satisfied. I am looking forward to seeing what happens tomorrow.

No comments: